Sold for $3,680,000
HISTORIC ST FRANCIS WOOD
MAGNIFICENT TUDOR MANOR HOME
101 SANTA PAULA AVENUE
Situated prominently on one of St. Francis Wood’s most prestigious streets, this impressive Tudor Manor is distinguished by its striking architectural character, generous setback, soaring roof lines, picture perfect gardens and abundantly beautiful windows. With a spectacular 100 linear foot frontage and approximate 6,000 Sq. Ft. lot, the home is ideally positioned to capture beautiful light, picturesque neighborhood outlooks and views to the Pacific Ocean.
With an excellent layout the 10-room home offers four bedrooms, including an exceptional master suite and first floor guest suite, three full and one half baths, a fantastic open Chef’s kitchen with center island and comfortable family room, dramatic formal rooms, media room with wet bar, home office and a children’s playroom.
Beyond the stunning interiors, you’ll enjoy a wide three-car garage, quality fixtures and finishes, a laundry room and abundant storage. Located in the heart of the neighborhood, the home is convenient to Terrace Green Park, West Portal Village shops, transportation and Highways 101 & 280.
- Four Bedrooms, Three Full & One-Half Baths
- Romantic Master Suite with Views, Library & Multiple Closets
- Dramatic Living Room with Coved Ceilings & Center Fireplace
- Grand Formal Dining Room with French Doors to Garden
- Open Chef’s Kitchen with Subzero, Miele & Viking Professional Appliances
- Massive Center Island with Prep Sink & Beautiful Butcher Block Top
- Inviting Family Room with Gas Fireplace & French Doors to Garden
- Elegant Powder Room & Guest/Nanny Suite with Separate Entrance
- Fantastic Media Room with Wet Bar, Projection & Sound Systems
- Private Home Office with Views, Built-In Desk & Storage
- Laundry Room Off of the Kitchen with LG Washer & Dryer
- Charming Hide-A-Way Child’s Playroom
- Lush Mature Landscape in Front & Rear Gardens
- Large Three-Car Garage with Work Bench & Abundant Storage
- Unobstructed Views to the Pacific Ocean from Every Floor
- Built 1937, 3,575 Square Feet (per Draftsman)
- Exceptional 5,584 Sq. Ft. Lot with 100 Linear Foot Frontage
- Slate Tile Roof with Copper Gutter & Copper Flashing
- Quarter Sawn Oak Random Plank Hardwood Floors
- Coved Ceilings, Arched Entryways & Period Detail
- Six-Burner 48” Gas Range with Grill, 3-Speed Hood & Pot Filler
- Elegant Limestone Slab Kitchen Countertops
- Downsview Kitchens Custom Cabinetry
- Imported 19th Century French Paver Kitchen Flooring
- Updated Electrical & Copper Plumbing Systems
- Outdoor Lighting Plan & In-Ground Irrigation Front & Rear
- Beautiful Custom Leaded Glass Window on Upper Staircase
- In-Home Security System & Nest Thermostat
More About 101 Santa Paula Avenue
Located on the West Side of San Francisco, people choose St. Francis Wood for its fine reputation, large traditional homes, generously sized lots, tree-lined streets, community atmosphere and for the quality of life that it offers. People appreciate the neighborhood for its walkability, private parks, iconic fountains and for its adjacency to popular West Portal Village shops, local restaurants transportation, highly rated local schools and easy access to Highways 280 and 101.
Superb Architectural Detail
With a classic asymmetrical design, the traditional Tudor style is defined by its steeply pitched roof and multiple gables, half-timbering and stucco façade, decorative inset brickwork, tall multi-paned windows, elegant slate tile roof and tall chimneys topped with charming chimney pots. The drama continues inside with the home’s extensive period detail, tall ceilings, archways, custom upgrades and artful remodel that embraces the home’s roots while raising the bar to a modern level.
The main floor consists of a gracious formal entry with two guest closets, a grand sunken living room with tall windows that showcase the view, high coved ceilings and a center fireplace with an elegant stone mantle. The large-scale dining room shines, with more views, statement lighting and beautiful French doors that open to the front gardens.
In keeping with the rest of the house, the stunning kitchen is beautifully appointed with high-end fixtures, fine cabinetry and a massive center island featuring a ceramic prep sink and a beautiful butcher block countertop. Large and open, the chef’s kitchen includes a dining area, laundry room and comfortable family room with a wood-burning fireplace and a second set of French doors that lead to the formal gardens. Of note is the very special imported antique tile floor which once resided in a French church. Completing this level is a pretty powder room, private guest bedroom suite with separate entrance and a laundry room.
On the second level are three comfortable bedrooms including the large master suite with a library, more great views, a marble tiled bath with walk-in shower and multiple large closets. The other two bedrooms enjoy garden outlooks and share a large hall bath with shower over tub, remodeled with vintage flair. In addition to a hall linen closet, there is a large hide-away children’s playroom that might also serve well as a deluxe walk- closet.
Continuing to the third floor is custom leaded glass window that sets the tone for what is to come. Above it all is a very large and beautifully finished media/family room with a wet-bar, custom home theatre with a projection, surround sound system and walk-out roof deck. Adjacent to the media room is a bright home office with charming windows, a built-in desk & storage. Both rooms offer a view, great entertaining space and wonderful natural light.