Offered at $3,500,000
- Built 1923, Designed by J.W. Dolliver
- Five Bedrooms & Four Full Bathrooms
- Four Bedrooms on Upper Level (Three Suites)
- Private Guest/Au Pair Suite on Main Level
- Grand Entry Hall with Dramatic Center Staircase
- Formal Living Room with Bay Alcove & Fireplace
- Formal Dining with French Doors to Garden
- Well-Appointed Chef’s Kitchen with Island & Wine Bar
- Large Family Room with Fireplace & Indoor Barbeque
- Charming Wine Cellar with Tasting Room for Gathering
- Six Car Parking (2-Car Garage + 4-Car Driveway)
- 3,878 Interior Square Feet (per tax records)
- Lot size 7,662 Square Feet (with 100’ Frontage)
- Large-Scale Rooms with Abundant Windows
- Superb Architectural Detail and Quality
- Custom Dual Pane Windows & French Doors
- Open Kitchen with Center Island, Wine Bar & Pantry
- Subzero, Wolf, Bosch & GE Monogram Appliances
- Otis Elevator – Runs between Main & Upper Levels
- Stunning Gardens & Gated Patio with Fountain Feature
- Work Bench & Mechanics Station in Garage
- Home Security & In-Ground Irrigation Systems
Luxury On A Grand Scale
Live in luxury and entertain with style in this grand-scale traditional home. Stately, elegant and beautifully appointed, this exceptional property is situated on a lushly landscaped double corner lot. Built in 1923, the home’s quality is exemplified by its extravagant architectural detail including deep coved moldings and wainscoting, beautiful tall windows and doors, hardwood and tile floors, glamorous grand staircase with iron detail and generously proportioned rooms.
Complementing the home’s timeless character is the spectacular open kitchen and elegantly remodeled baths featuring high quality appliances, custom cabinetry, fixtures and finishes. Four of the home’s five bedrooms have their own baths. Interiors and exterior have recently been painted and outdoor lighting, irrigation and security are in place. Structurally, the house was reroofed in 2014, windows & French doors are custom dual-pane, plumbing and electrical systems are upgraded and gardens professionally maintained.
The beauty of the home unfolds beyond its doors to the large private patio and captivating gardens which are a natural extension of the home. Other special features include an Otis Elevator that operates between the main and upper levels, a charming wine cellar and tasting room, walk-in storage closets, a home safe, oversized two-car garage with mechanic’s station and a separate laundry/gardening room.
Situated on one of the neighborhood’s premier blocks, you’ll enjoy private parks & tennis courts, great local schools, excellent transportation, convenience to downtown San Francisco, 101 & 280 freeways and popular West Portal Village restaurants and shops.
See more at: 1950Monterey.com