Sold for $2,800,000
Designed by master architect Henry Gutterson in 1922, this enchanting Tudor style home will impress you with its warm character, ideal two-story floor plan, renovated condition and beautiful garden setting. While the house maintains its original charm with beautiful leaded glass windows, unique stained glass detail, traditional half timbering and characteristic dormers, the current owners have made significant investments to update this home. These include structural and system upgrades and high-end finishes.
Beginning with the outside, the roof was replaced. Copper gutters, leader heads and bracket period detail replaced metal gutters. Dual pane windows and French doors were added to the west side of the house. The garden received a professional makeover that included a front and rear design of natural and easy-to-maintain landscape, custom lighting and automatic irrigation. In addition, a new redwood deck and natural gas line were installed for greater outdoor enjoyment & grilling.
On the interior, the home`s master suite was expanded and now includes custom cabinetry, a luxurious spa bath with radiant heated floors and three closets including one walk-in. For further comfort, the master bedroom and front bedroom floors were soundproofed, the second upstairs bath was remodeled and a laundry room was added. On the main floor, the family room was remodeled to take full advantage of the garden view with the addition of French doors, and an elegant gas fireplace with a custom limestone hearth was installed. In the living room leaded windows were restored, art lighting was added and the room was wired for sound with high-end speakers in the ceiling. Cosmetically, the interior and exterior of the home were recently painted, hardwood floors and woodwork were restored. Water heater and furnace were replaced, electrical systems and plumbing were upgraded.
Situated on one of the neighborhood`s prettiest streets, the home is convenient to 280 and 101 Freeways, 15 minutes from SFO, the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, and one block from popular West Portal Village`s shops, restaurants and excellent transportation.
- Four Bedrooms on Upper Level
- Two Full & One Half Bathrooms
- Luxurious Master Suite with Spa Bath
- Gracious Formal Entry Hall with Guest Closet
- Formal Living Room with Wood-Burning Fireplace
- Well-Appointed Chef`s Kitchen
- Elegant Dining Room that Opens to the Garden
- Comfortable Family Room with Gas Fireplace
- Laundry Room with Built-In Storage & Utility Sink
- Beautiful Level Yard with Redwood Deck
- Mature Landscaping Front & Rear
- One Car Garage + Driveway Parking
- Abundant Period Detail & Built-Ins
- Beautiful Leaded Glass Windows
- Original Oak Hardwood Floors
- Copper Plumbing & Upgraded Electrical
- Water Heater & Furnace Replaced
- Radiant Heat Floors in Master Bath
- Custom Interior & Exterior Lighting
- Roof Replaced & Copper Gutters Installed
- Copper Leader Heads & Period Bracket Detail
- Dual Pane Windows & French Doors
- Soundproofing of Master & Front Bedroom Floors
- Living Room Ceiling Wired with High-End Speakers
Please visit: www.20SanLeandro.com
For additional information, call Jane Poppelreiter 415-378-8635